Are all Solar Systems the same?
The thing we hear from a lot of people is "Solar is solar. What difference does it make?"
It makes a huge difference.
If you buy an LCD television from a reputable company with a good history, you would expect that you will pay for the quality, backing and service that comes with a good brand; it is the same with solar power.
You are not just paying for the Solar Panels, or even the inverter. You are paying for:
- Rooftop isolators, so your solar system system doesn't set your house on fire if there is a fault with something
- Specialized racking and support, so the panels are not sitting directly on your roof and have good air flow. So your roof does not leak or go rusty over time
- Quality wiring to your inverter so the power conversion is the best it can be
- Meter upgrades when required
- Strong performance from a system well designed for a specific physical location; not all locations are ideal for solar power.
- Follow up service.
You should always look for quality when purchasing anything electrical.
As the old saying goes - 'If you are being offered something that seems too good to be true, it probably is!'
|Tags: pv solar energy solar power solar|